One of the great protocols that must be complied with within the customs logistics processes in some countries are automatic permits which generate greater speed and minimize the risks within the process; to understand what it is we are going to define it in this article.
What are automatic permissions?
Basically, it is a process that allows customs authorities to obtain prior information on imports of certain goods so they perform a risk analysis of the operation that will be executed.
Importance of automatic permits
This type of permits works as part of the trade facilitation scheme in each country; the automatic notices and permits allow the customs authority to carry out better statistical control of import and export operations.
One of the countries that applies the use of automatic permits is Mexico, here are some of the requirements that apply to request this procedure.
• Merchandise description.
• Commercial brand (s) and models.
• Type of customs office of entry.
• Tariff code.
• Rate measurement unit.
• Commercial invoice number.
• Issue date of the commercial invoice.
• Marketing unit of measure according to the commercial invoice.
• Quantity (volume) to be imported according to the marketing unit of measure.
• Conversion factor.
• Marketing currency according to the commercial invoice.
• Total value of the commercial invoice in terms of the marketing currency.
• Value of the merchandise to be imported according to the commercial invoice in terms of the marketing currency.
• Exporting country to the national territory.
• Country of origin of the merchandise.
The purpose is to use this information as an instrument to prevent and combat recurrent harmful practices such as the incorrect classification of goods, undervaluation and triangulation of origin of the same which may affect the operation of strategic industries for national economic activity.
What happens if I do not comply with this procedure?
It is important to consider that failing to apply for permits and notices can lead to delays in your shipments at the customs of the Tax Administration System of each country.
The requirements to manage this type of permits vary according to the type of product or merchandise to be imported, and it only applies to the definitive import regime, meaning, the entry of a product or merchandise from a foreign origin into the country for a definite time and it must be managed for each tariff code.